All Events > March 14: Any Given Sunday: How the San Diego Chargers Tackle PR
March 14: Any Given Sunday: How the San Diego Chargers Tackle PR
3/14/2013 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM
7091 El Cajon Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92115
Moving to LA, a new stadium, staff and coaching changes, disappointed fans, and the team’s win-loss record are all common topics associated with the San Diego Chargers. Join us for this exclusive PRSA event to hear what the Chargers’ Director of Public Relations, Bill Johnston, has to say about these issues and more. With more than 34 seasons with the team, Bill has managed the Chargers through a multitude of PR obstacles.
Attendees will hear all about:
- What it is like to work with local and national media on behalf of a major sports organization
- What it’s like to work with the NFL
- How the organization handled the highly publicized death of beloved Charger Junior Seau
- How social media has changed the landscape of sports PR
- Adaptability: How seasoned PR pros deal with changes in coaches, staff and players
- And more!
Bill Johnston is responsible for managing the public image and overall communications strategy for the Chargers. This includes media relations and all organizational messaging. He is the team's primary liaison for the Chargers' and NFL's broadcast partners, as well as local and national media outlets.
Parking is available on El Cajon Blvd. and in the surrounding neighborhood. Carpooling is recommended.
- $35 for PRSA SD/IC Chapter Members with RSVP by Friday, March 8 ($45 after 3/8)
- $45 for Non-Members and PRSA National Members with RSVP by Friday, March 8 ($55 after 3/8)
- $25 for PRSSA Members/College Students with ID
Members only registration will be held the week February 18.
Registration for non-members will open on Saturday, February 23. Take advantage of the early bird rate and register by Friday, March 8. Rates will increase by $10 on March 9. With limited spacing available, this event is sure to sell-out so register now!
If you are not able to register online via credit card, send a registration RSVP via email by Friday, March 8, to receive reduced rates. Payment can be made at or prior to the event by check, credit card (VISA, Mastercard and American Express) or by cash. Checks can also be mailed to PRSA SD/IC, P.O. Box 28512, San Diego, CA 92198-0512.
Because it is necessary to set a food guarantee with our venue, once you RSVP we’re counting on your participation. Members and guests who RSVP are asked to pay even if you are not able to attend. The cancellation deadline is Tuesday, March 12. No refunds granted after March 12. No-shows will be billed.
Buffet breakfast includes: Sour Cream Coffee Cake, Mini Breakfast Yogurt Parfaits, Scrambled Eggs, Breakfast Potatoes, Bacon, Sausage, Silver Dollar Pancakes, Coffee and Orange Juice.