Organized in 1947, the Public Relations Society of America is the world's largest organization for public relations professionals. Its more than 19,000 members represent business and industry, counseling firms, government, associations, hospitals, schools, professional service firms and not-for-profit organizations.
PRSA has 109 chapters throughout the United States grouped into 10 geographical districts. Members can choose to belong to one or more of the Society's 16 Professional Interest Sections, affording members the opportunity to explore issues and concerns unique to their fields of specialization.
Since it was chartered in 1947, PRSA has provided a forum for addressing issues affecting the profession and the resources for promoting the highest professional standards. It offers unequalled opportunities for improvement of skills and advancement of knowledge, as well as for the exchange of information and experiences with other public relations professionals.
The Society's mission is to advance the practice of public relations by
- Uniting those engaged in the profession
- Encouraging continuing education of practitioners
- Playing an active role in all matters affecting the practice of public relations
- Formulating the objectives and interpreting the functions of public relations, and those who practice it, to the public
- Strengthening the relationships of public relations professionals with employers and clients, with government at all levels, with educators, with media and with the public
- Encouraging high standards of conduct and public service
To learn more, please visit www.prsa.org.